When I tried to find feminist TED Talks, my search proved more tedious than I had expected. Of course there are videos from the wonderful TEDxWomen, an annual conference “highlighting leading-edge innovators and powerful ideas from women and girls around the world – and a few men too.” But this conference has only happened twice and I thought surely there are feminist Talks from before TEDxWomen, as well as outside the conference. There certainly are. And there are localized TEDxWomen events. I encourage you to seek all these videos out.
Here’s my list of feminist TED Talks. This list is not comprehensive and I may add to or alter it over time. There are, after all, so very many TED Talks and not nearly enough time to watch them all. I enjoyed some of these videos more than others – I imagine you’ll have a similar experience – so they’re in a very rough order based on how highly I recommend them. Have anything to add? Do let me know in the comments!
- Pro-sex. Pro-porn. Pro-knowing the difference. (This one’s only 4 minutes.) :: Cindy Gallop
- Suddenly, My Body :: Eve Ensler
- For the love of female orgasm :: Nicole Daedone
- Feminist media critic targeted by an online hate campaign :: Anita Sarkeesian, creator of Feminist Frequency (from TEDxWomen, but I follow her website so I had to share)
- The Sexy Lie :: Caroline Heldman
- Radical women, embracing tradition :: Kavita Ramdas
- Why we have too few women leaders :: Sheryl Sandberg, author of Lean In
- Reinventing feminism :: Courtney Martin
- The Fierce Face of the Feminine :: Chameli Ardagh